The GHS car trip to Kevock Gardens in March was a great success for those people who joined in. The talk on plants was well attended and Barrie from Mayshade Garden Centre, gave us useful information on a variety of plants which he had brought as examples of survivors for our climate.
FUTURE DATES FOR THE DIARY
- Plant Sale – Saturday 10am, 19th May
- Talk on Water Features – Tuesday, 22nd May in the Town Hall at 7.30pm
- Car Trips – Saturday 30th June to Carolside, Earlston.
- Further details will be made available on posters.
- Also planned a trip to Jupiter Artland, Midlothian- see posters.
- Bus Trip – Saturday, 14th July to Whalton Manor Gardens, Northumberland. The 17th century manor house was altered by Sir Edward Lutyens in the Arts and Crafts style and the original gardens had been designed by Gertrude Jekyll but altered through the decades. Members will have the option of having a guided tour by the owner. Morning coffee stop at Ford & Etal. Entrance to the gardens is £6.00 and lunch and cream teas can be ordered – further information will be available at the Plant Sale.
If you are wanting to join the group please contact Dorothy Small, Debbie Crawford, Jacki Cooper or email Jacki direct. firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The Open Gardens Scheme Book is now available in the Reading Room.