There are a growing number of walks to follow in and around Stow. Illustrated leaflets showing the routes are available to buy in the Stow Post Office shop.
Historic sites to visit in the village include:
- the imposing parish church, which dates from 1875
- the ruins of the old church, which was in use from the 16th century to 1874 (although a church has stood on this site since its consecration in 1242)
- the three span collection bridge which was built in 1655
- the remains of the Bishop’s House which was the retreat of the Bishop of St Andrews in pre-Reformation times
- Our Lady’s Well – where a chapel was sited – just to the south of the village and one of the oldest sites named in honour of the Virgin Mary anywhere in Scotland, supposedly founded by King Arthur!
- the “Town Hall”, which opened in 1857 as a precursor to plans for the transformation of the village into an elegant town
- the new school which was opened in 2000
- the former hosiery mill